Saturday, April 19, 2014

north of the sun


a different post, i have video's to share. one is just forty six seconds (the other two are a bit longer, just a bit though), this first one is a trailer of an all time favorite short film. we attended the banff mountain film festival where 'north of the sun' was aired. it's gorgeously filmed, elegantly realized, very good times.






i hope you will have a chance to see the entire thing!





*    *    *
then...this is my niece. my darling talented niece made her first music video. it was a family
collaboration. my darling nephew is in it too, he's the blonde with the skateboard.
my sister is in it,  friends are too...it is for a cause that is important to them.
i want to show my support too. i'm so proud of you amanda,
love, uncle lori






*   *   *  

and finally.

meet mabel and ivy.

sisters.

singers.

these toto's are the daughters of my good friend jo. jo is also in a band of her own, 
with kirti and emma, called dear cedar. now jo has gently supported her two young songbirds towards the making of their first cd, under their new name, 'charm of finches'.
 hear mabel and ivy below.




go here if you have an interest in this project (jo, i love the video, love your girls. well done all)


 thank you for your time dear friends, i know i've taken a lot of it and feel i should, at the very least, come over and cook you dinner now  :)
happy easter to all who celebrate. xoxo lori

12 comments:

  1. happy Easter Lori!!!!
    Love these videos, thank you!
    xxxxxx ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, Lori! (I never turn down help in the kitchen!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you too Lovely. I'm going to come back later (when I more time) to look at all your interesting links. I d dim watch the movie trailer, and it looks great. Reminds me a little of 180 South w/ yvon Chouinard & Doug Thompson. Have you seen it? What grand adventures!
    ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such great stuff. The movie looks very interesting. And the music is quite different but all good stuff. The sisters are very sweet and have lovely voices. Best wishes to you and yours for a blessed and beautiful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome stuff! thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that movie looks awesome. And wow, your niece is super talented. Happy Easter, hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your niece is amazing Lori, love the video, the song, the message!

    I hope you had a wonderful Easter and the week ahead is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just stumbled upon your blog via ravelry. Love the blog, and your photos are amazing. The short movie "north of the sun" is actually made about 500 miles south of the town I live in. I have never been there, but i recently found out my ancestors are from that area, so now I am planning a trip there next summer with my mother! Hope you have a lovely day. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh those little finches stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Lori for sharing my finches! It was such a pleasant surprise to find them on your lovely blog.
    Good on your niece! She sure has a lot of passion for her cause! These youngins' eh! sheesh!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Lori for sharing my finches! It was such a pleasant surprise to find them on your lovely blog.
    Good on your niece! She sure has a lot of passion for her cause! These youngins' eh! sheesh!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a talented family you are!

    ReplyDelete

xoxo lori